What is the PSP Program
By filling the gaps not covered by other services, Easter Seals NB Personal Services Program is a great offering to its clients. These personal services include long-term loans of equipment. Easter Seals NB role as an advocate lends a louder voice to persons with disabilities on major issues that affect them. Moreover, Easter Seals NB serves as a watch dog for issues that are in the developmental stage.
How it Works
- Referrals from health professionals are addressed on an individual basis by a client coordinator to determine need and appropriateness.
- Each clients information is treated confidentially and requests are responded to in a timely fashion.
- A large inventory of recyclable rehabilitation equipment is maintained and loaned on a long term basis to eligible clients.
- Offers the first contact for persons with disabilities.
- Provides long-term loans of equipment, financial aid for non-reusable items such as orthopedic shoes and occasional loans to purchase devices.
- Assists with funding for medical or rehabilitation related transportation.
- Accepts referrals from occupational, speech or physio-therapists, VON or public health nurses, extra-mural hospital staff or physicians.